Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sat 4/27 - GBR Lower (Pics & Hack Squats)

Workout: (Fitness First)
(HackSquat)4plates 5x10 Great

(LegPress)6plates 4x10
(205#SLDL)3x10, 255#x8
(75#LegCurl)12,10,10 Hard/cramp
(90#RearDelt)3x10
(165#CableCrunch)10,10,8'
46mins + 13 w/u + 11 c/d = 70mins total

Last lower WO squats really bothered my hips so I decided to give hack squats a try this morning. I warmed up with 2 plates and then did 5 sets of 10 with 4plates. This wasn't too hard at first but a couple sets in I was really working toward the end. I went really deep and liked these a lot. Didn't bother my knees/hips and felt like I got a lot of work. I'll do these again, but will try not to get completely away from squating.(14mins)

I went lighter on leg press today for a couple of reasons. The cut, plus hack squat is a similar move and legs already fatigued. These were good. Also went lighter on SLDL for the 1st 3 sets, but did 1 heavy set at normal weight.(18/32mins)

Leg curl was tough today and really had to work to even get 10 reps. I've had some issues w/ cramping in my legs the last day on my cut, and my hamstrings really started cramping up after these. I tried to stretch them out a bit after each set, but they cramped hard after the last set. Rear delts were OK.(10/42mins)

Finished up w/ 3 sets of heavy cable crunch w/ short rest.(4/46mins).  Good WO, especially while on a cut. I went lighter today, which isn't recommended for keeping LBM on a cut, but felt that's what I had to do today. It felt good and I still got some really good work. Really liked hack squats and they were much easier on my body while still providing really good leg work.  On the down side, my elbows are pretty bad and my left shoulder is really bothering me and I think SLDL bothered both today. I my have to break from doing pullups and might have to take tomorrow off instead of forcing an upper WO.

Nutrition:

I weighed 176.8 this morning. Lowest I've been in a while and feeling good and lean. Took a few pics for reference. Had a re-feed of sushi (a lot) for lunch, some fruit, cheerios, Sweet Frog and normal protein.  Higher carbs, but didn't go overboard and kept fats low.  A good re-feed for once.  My cut is going well and working. I'll try to stick to it for another week, possibly 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment