Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sat 4/13 - GBR Lower

Workout: (Fitness First)
(FrontSquat)95x8,135x6,185x5,5,5,5 Good - L knee pain
(LegPress)8platesx10,10,10 4platesx25,25 (5)
(255#SLDL)4x8
(75#LegCurl)3x12
(90#RearDelt)3x10
(HangLegRaise)12,10,10
(165#CableCrunch)9,6,8
55mins + 16 w/u = 71mins total

Surprisingly knees felt really good yesterday and this morning so decided to go ahead with the lower WO.  But, my left knee was pretty painful during squats. Other than the knee they were going fairly well. I almost did another set at 185, but decided against it. Even though they were going well, I'm not really close to bumping the weight up here, and especially not if I continue my cut.(16mins)

Leg press was good, but during the 3rd set my left knee started barking at me pretty bad, so I finished that set and did 2 more at high reps. Starting to feel reallly spent after 3rd set and high rep sets about did me in.  SLDL was good, but I was losing motivation and didn't want to do a 4th set. Did it anyway.(21/37mins)

I decided not to do leg extension because of the knee and did leg curls and rear delts.  Weird combo on leg day, but did rear delts for shoulder health.(8/45mins)

Finished up with hanging leg raises combo'd with cable crunches. Abs dead during 2nd set w/ short rest, so took a little longer before final set.(10/55mins)

Overall a good WO. Legs definitely don't recover as fast as upper body and I really wish I could get my knees in shape. They haven't been too terribly bad, but are always a concern and often limiting.

Nutrition:
I weighed 180.6 this morning. Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment