Friday, April 16, 2021

Fri 4/16/21 - Full Body (Bench)

 Garage Gym

(Bench)125x8,145x8,160x8,170x8

(FrontSquat)65x10,85x10,95x10,105x10

(LowDBInc)50x12,60x12,12

38 mins

Day 2 of hypertrophy block and I am NOT used to higher rep work.  Started with bench for 8@RPE 6,7,8. Left shoulder/pec has still been bothering me, but felt pretty good on bench today. I'm trying not to use the 1" spacer this block so I can get used to benching off my chest.  I'd been using the spacer because that extra 1" buffer is a bit easier on my shoulders.  So, I want to get used to it now as I start building back up.  Top set of 170#'s was definitely heavy enough for today @RPE 8.5.  

Today for secondary squat I decided to give front squats a shot because I'd like a movement that is a bit more quad focused. WO was 10@RPE 6,7,8.  Although the bar placement is akward, I really liked them and my knees felt great today.  It was also interesting to be squating with such an upright torso. I couldn't go heavy and I'd like to be able to hold the bar in an olympic style underhand grip, but my flexibility isn't there right now to do it. Finished up with low DB incline.  This was supposed to be 70%AMRAP + 63% 2x12. Because I haven't done these in several months, and because my left pec/shoulder, I didn't want to jump right into heavy DB's so I did a set of 50#, then 2 sets of 60#.  Last set of 12 was @RPE9-10.  Plenty heavy for today. Solid WO in fairly short time.

Nutrition/Weight:

185.6 coming down nicely. Need to be patient and not let weekends be major setbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment