Monday, September 14, 2020

Sun 9/13/20 - Full Body (Deadlift)

Garage Gym

(Deadlift)135x6,185x6,205x6,235x6,245x6,6,6

(Incline)125x8,145x8,8,155x8,8

(OHP)105x8,75x10,35DBx11


62 mins 


Started with deadlift.  WO called for working up to a set @REP8 and continue at that weight until it becomes @RPE9, capping at 3 sets. I worked up to 3 sets that was a bit heavier than last WO and felt like some work. These are still lower than RPE called for, but that’s on purpose right now for my knees. Felt good to continue to deadlift and feel good. My upper right back issue wasn’t really bothering me much, though I could feel it.  Next was incline.  I struggled here a bit. Last week I worked up to 2 sets a 160#’s.  Today’s workout was 2 sets @RPE7, then 3 sets @RPE8. I thought my weight selection was going to be on the light side, but my 2nd set @155 was RPE9 or higher so I stopped there.  With OHP next, there’s still 4 sets of pressing left. 


OHP calls for 70% R1M AMRAP.  I could only get 8 reps and the last rep was way too hard and it aggravated the strain in my upper back. So stupid, I should’ve known to keep these @RPE7ish, not 9+.  I backed WAY off for the 2nd set, still hurt.  I tried DB’s for the 3rd set, still hurt. Stopped it there.  WO started well, ended a bit downhill, but that’s how it goes sometimes. My back/trap is really bothering me. I’m going to have to take it easy for a while. Unfortunately, this next block of programming is working up to heavy singles, so I’ll have to assess what exercises I may need to modify.


Nutrition/Weight:

183.0 this morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment