Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sat/Sun 8/25-26 - Cardio & Weekly Recap


Cardio:
  • Saturday - 60 min walk with my Mom before she headed back to Williamsburg.  She and Cranny were in town for one night for a wedding.
  • Sunday - Nothing.  I was active all day, but didn't get out for a walk/run.  Crazy weather.  It was sunny for 20mins, then rained like crazy for 30 on-and-off all day.  Needed a day off anyway.  Feet/calves feeling a little bit better.
Nutrition:
Did a short re-feed on Friday after a big cut week (4,000 cals Mon-Thu).  Calories for Fri/Sat/Sun were ~2,700/2,000/1,500.  Kind of tapering down for the week.  Weight Fri/Sat/Sun was 169.8/170.8/173.2.  That's about perfect from last Sun night when I was 191.2.  Cut hard all week, then carb'd back up a bit and tapered getting ready for the week.  I'll probably cycle carbs/cals this week on WO days and get back down to consistent sub 170 by end of the week.

Sat:

TOTALS: Grams 161 285 26  2,025
Calories 643 1140 237  2,020
Percent 32% 56% 12% 100%
Sun:

TOTALS: Grams 152 180 24  1,523
Calories 606 720 214  1,540
Percent 39% 47% 14% 100%

10,439 calories for the week.  1,491/day average.

Week Ending 8/26/12:
Decent Week.  2 runs, 3 WO's, 0 doubles. My feet and calves were killing me all week for some reason.  I have no idea why.  Left elbow is bothering me and left shoulder is still giving me some trouble.  Need to start doing my PT exercises and keep an eye on the left elbow.

I "logged" 2 runs, but they were short with walking during/after.  Hopefully feet will feel better this coming week and I can get some decent runs in.  Playing that by ear depending on how feet/calves feel.

The three WO's were really good this week.  That's one bright spot.  I was also happy with being able to get my weight back down after going a bit crazy in PA.  I did in 1 week what I thought would take at least 2.  I'm still really liking the Myo-reps, and will do them for a couple more weeks.  Need to have some consistency in the diet for those couple of weeks and then determine if the Myo-rep protocol is working like I *think* it is.  Could be that I just like the format of the WO's a lot, but the results also have to be there.

Coming up this week, 2 chest/tri WO's and 1 back/shoulder/bi.  Cycling carbs/cals on WO days and hopefully get at least a couple of runs in.  Tinkering with the idea of doing full upper body Myo-rep WO's, but think I'll use the split again for at least this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment