Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fri 8/17 - Chest/Tri's (Myo-Reps)

Workout:
Worked out at Anytime Fitness up in PA with Addie.  We didn't actually work out together, but she met me at the gym so I could work out for the day.  I was just going to do a quick WO, but ended up doing a full WO, and then some.
  • (60#Bench) 11/+4,3,3,3,2, 50#+3,3 (10sec)
Started with 60#s and that felt good, but when I hit 2 reps, I felt like I wanted some more work so I dropped to 50#s and did 2 sets of 3.   Didn't like that I had to drop the weight, but these felt really good.
  • (Incline) 13/+4,4,3,3,3,3,3,3,3 (10sec)
Did incline on the Hammer Incline machine with 35#discs.  These felt great.  Wish I had one of these machines at my gym.
  • (30#Flys) 11/+4,4,3,3,3,3,3 (10sec)
Flys felt good, but wish I could have kept the reps at 4 for longer and didn't want to stop at first set of 3 as protocol would call for.
  • (Dips) 11/+3,3,3,3,3,2,2 (10sec)
Tri's already felt worked from bench and incline so didn't get as many dips as I'd hoped on first set, but really worked these.  Felt good.
  • (CloseGripBench) 15/+5,5,5,5,4,4
They had a setup similar to a Smith Machine, but it could move vertically and horizontally.  REALLY cool.  Loved this thing.  Loved doing close grip bench.  Felt great and really worked tri's.  Only used 25# discs on the bar.
  • (Core) 30/+7,7,7,7,7,6
I did lying leg raises.  These felt good. They really work my abs well.
  • (50#OverheadTriExt) 10/+3,3,3,3,2
Stuck to protocol this time and stopped when I hit the mini-set with 2 reps.  Tri's were on fire.
  • (45#Curl) 15/+5,5,5,5,5,4
Just used the bar and did higher reps.  Last WO was heavier weight and lower reps and I felt I needed higher reps for bi's.  These were great.  It wasn't a bi day, but wanted to throw in a set because they I didn't feel they were worked that hard on Wed and Addie was still working out.
  • (115#PeckDeck) 12/+3,3,3,3,3
Kind of wanted to do one more exercise for chest, so jumped on peck deck.  Felt OK.  Not sure how much I got out of this.
  • (100#TriPushdown) 11/+4,4,4,4,4,3
Addie was still on the treadmill so I did one more exercise.  Tri's were already done, but so was chest.  Should have just called it a WO before this, but oh well.  Felt OK.

Overall, a great WO.  Still loving the Myo-rep WO structure.  Started eating after this WO and haven't stopped as of Sunday night.  This was somewhat intentional, but I definitely went overboard.  I wanted a cheat weekend, but should have used some restraint.  I don't want to get on the scale tomorrow morning to see how much work is ahead of me.  I decided before this weekend feed that I'd use it as a big diet break and then cut back down.  My cut is going to be more than I wanted, but I'm going to do it, and I'm going to do it hard.  I don't want to lose too much LBM, so I'll do what I can to minimize that, but I'm not going to mess around and draw this out.  I want to get back down as fast as I can, then maintenance for 2 weeks and then a SLOW increase.

I went for a long walk (1.5 hours) with some BIG hills on Saturday with Bob, Betsy, Addie and Mom.  I didn't do anything Sunday.  They all went for another long walk, but I stayed and played with the kids (fishing, shooting, 4-wheeling).  Good decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment