Friday, May 15, 2020

Wed 5/13/20 - Full Body (SLDL)

Garage Gym
(SLDL)40x8,50x8,60x8,70x8,8,8
(Bench2CtPause)135x10,155x10,170x10,180x9,165x10
(Incline)150x8,125x10,10
(RDeltFly)10x20,20

65 mins

Still protecting my knees so I'm not deadlifting again yet. I did DB SLDL instead. These felt good working up to 70#DB's (1 in each hand). Net was paused bench. I used a 1.5" board instead of 2.5-3" and paused all sets. I've only been pausing the top set recently, but my shoulder felt really good warming up. Felt good working up. 170#'s didn't feel too bad, so I bumped to 180. I think the combination of pausing all sets and the smaller board added up and I failed the 10th rep on the top set. The 9th rep wasn't bad and I didn't think the 10th was going to be a problem, otherwise I wouldn't have attempted it. I backed off quite a bit for the last set, but it still felt heavy!  Next was incline and the first set felt really heavy. I lost 3 reps from last week and the back-offs were solid, but everything felt heavy after failing the top set of bench. Included rear delt fly's during incline backoff sets.

I haven't failed a rep in months, by design.  It wasn't a huge deal to fail this one rep, but it's just a huge change from how I used to work out where failure was commonplace.  I also didn't make the progress I'm making now.  It's easy to see why.  That one failed rep impacted the rest of my workout.  Doing that every workout has detrimental impacts, as well as increased injury risk. Despite the failure, still a solid WO.

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 188.8 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment