Sunday, March 15, 2020

Fri 3/13/20 - Full Body (Squat)

Garage Gym
(BoxSquat14")115x6,125x6,135x6,6,6
(DBShldr)35x8,45x8,50x8,8,8,8
(RDL)165x12,185x12,210x12,12,12
(BOR)115x10,10,10
(TriExt)3x12
(Crunch)3x10

59 + 6 = 65 mins

Started with box squats. Keeping these light, trying to find the right combination of load and stress for my knees. Knees have still been cranky from last setback. Slowly getting better.  Next we did shoulder press. My R shoulder has been really bad. I think I did something to my rotator cuff. Didn't go heavy, but got in some volume. Then we did RDL's for sets of 12. I really don't like sets of 12. For GPP we did bent over rows, triceps extensions and crunches.  BOR's are brutal right after RDL's. I've got to stop programming them back to back :)

Overall, I feel mixed about this 10 week training block.  I can tell a small visual difference from the hypertrophy and my shirts are a bit tighter. So that's positive.  Because of my knees and shoulder, I've had to back off progression, and even regress the last couple of weeks, so that's been frustrating, but needed.  I've been dieting and have lost about 5 pounds since the beginning of the year so I didn't expect to make noticeable progress.  Ideally, I'd like to heal up, continue to lean out and then run this block again at a slight surplus. 

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 190.6 this morning. That's .2 less than when we left for out trip to VA and PA. That's pretty damn good for me to be able to maintain while being away from home for a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment