Monday, June 25, 2018

Sun 6/24 - Push Day - 90#DB Incline!

Workout: Snap Fitness
(90#DBInc)6,80x7,6
(65#DBInc)7,6,60x6,6+45x9
(100#Shldr)3x8
(190#Fly)10,175x8,160x9
(CrunchTwist)3x10
(80#Skulls)9,60x11,11
(CaptChair)3x10

63 + 7 = 70 mins

Push day. I'd been thinking about going heavy on incline this morning. 80#DB's are still quite heavy for me, but I control them well at this point. I could jump to 85#'s and see how that goes, but I really wanted to jump up to what I consider "Big Boy" weights starting at 90#'s.  So I decided to try 90#DB's today for the first time ever, hoping it wasn't a huge mistake that would wreck my right shoulder. I was thinking I could get a couple of reps. I got the 90's in place and felt pinned for a moment, but once I got them going, I got 6 good reps! Part of me wanted to stick with 90's, but my right shoulder definitely felt that first set, so I dropped to 80#DB's for the next 2 sets. Felt good physically, felt great mentally to use 90's!

Next we raised angle of incline and did 4 more sets + a drop set for 5 total. Plenty of incline volume. Then we did shoulder press on the machine for 3 sets on short rest.  Next we did chest fly's with abs. Had to drop weight on fly's each set. Chest fairly fried by this point. Finished up with skull crushers and leg raises in the Captain's Chair.

Another first! Yesterday was 45# pull-ups, today, 90#DB incline! Great back-to-back WO's. Very pleased.  Normally this time of year I've been cutting fairly hard.  This year, I haven't started dieting hard yet and been consistent with WO's. Despite my weight being pretty good, I'm definitely not bulking but WO's have been great. Feeling strong, looking decent.

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 174.0 this morning. Up from 171.4 yesterday.  I'll probably start being more diligent with my diet starting Monday and get ready for summer and the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment