Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tue 8/14 - Upper

Workout: Garage Gym
(70#DBInc)8,8,9
(Pullups)9,9,10
(95#OHP)8,8,6
(40#SealRow)3x8
(35#IncFly)10,30x10
(Abs)2x15
(20#LDelt)2x8
(30#DBSkulls)2x11
(35#Curl)12,30Hx12
(Crunch)2x20

46 + 6 = 52 mins

Upper WO this morning. Still feeling beat up from backpacking this weekend, right shoulder has been bothering me and 35# incline warmup didn't feel easy and bothered my shoulder. Not a great sign. Didn't feel like working out this morning.  Tried to get some mobility in my right shoulder, did some stretching, more warmup and got to it as best I could.

Didn't go very heavy on incline but still worked fairly hard (unfortunately) for 3 sets. Pullups were good. Explosive up and controlled down. Then we did overhead press with seal rows. OHP was decent for 3 sets..  Then we did incline fly's, abs and lateral delts. I started lateral raises with 25#'s and it was too heavy. Dropped to 20#'s and it was still too heavy today. Finished up with DB skull crushers, curls and crunches.

After the WO I put 2 bumper plates on the barbell and tried to do a few clean to snatch position.  Doing any kind of Olympic movement is going to be a LONG, SLOW, humbling process.  I don't have near the ability to even get into a snatch/catch position with just the bar. It's painful, awkward, and I can't even get my elbows close to the position they're supposed to be in. I need to take some video, both so I can learn from it, and hopefully get a good laugh about it at some point down the road.  Going to be tough.

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 172.0 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment