Thursday, August 2, 2018

Thu 8/2 - Pull Day

Workout: Garage Gym
(155#BOR)4x8
(Pullups)10,10,8
(30#UprightRow)2x10
(65#EZBarCurl)12,30Hx10
(25#Crunch)3x10
(20#LDelt)15
(Crunch)2x20

40 + 5 = 45 mins

Pull day. Started with BOR and upped the weight 20 pounds from what I've been doing lately. Good. Then we did 3 sets of pull-ups and I was happy with 10,10,8 after BOR.  Next we did DB upright rows and curls with weighted crunches.  Finished up with 2 sets body weight crunches and a set of lateral raises.  Good WO.

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 172.0 this morning. Been having some leg cramps at night the last 2 nights and I think it's from dropping a lot of water the last 3-4 days.

2 comments:

  1. Kip - great blog. Found you from the Lyle McDonald forums. Transformation is inspirational. I'd love to get to 9-10%. How do you deal with the social side of things like beer outtings etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The "blog" started off with the intent of being more content driven and has turned into more of a WO log, but thanks for taking a look.

    I generally go through cycles where I lean out in the Spring/Summer and then add weight back in the Fall/Winter. So I basically just build in social things like eating out with friends, beer outings, etc. I don't drink much these days, but enjoy a great meal, ice cream, cereal, etc. I plan for it and eat fairly strictly during the week, then enjoy my weekends and push WO's hard on weekends. My weight generally drops throughout the week, then spikes on the weekend. If I'm cutting fairly hard to get to single digits, then weekend splurges are not as large and would be akin to a cheat meal, rather than a cheat weekend/refeed. I eat a lot of fresh veggies, high protein and fill in the rest with moderate carbs/fat.
    It was a challenge losing the 100 pounds initially, but doing that instilled much better eating habits that have held on 6-7 years later, thankfully :)
    Any specific questions, please feel free to ask.

    ReplyDelete