Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Sun 8/5 - Push Day

Workout: Garage Gym
(95#OHP)10,10,9,8
(115#Inc)4x10
(115#CGDecline)2x10
(35#IncFly)11,9,30x10
(30#Crunch)3x12
(30#DBSkulls)10,25x10
(Abs)2x12

63 + 7 = 70 mins

Push day today and we wanted to change things up a bit and also wanted to use the new rack.  We've been doing DB Incline as the main push movement for so long, it's time to change things up a bit.  I'll have to see how my shoulder holds up though.  So, we started with Overhead Press for 4 sets. Felt pretty easy at first and I thought I should've gone heavier, but 3rd and 4th sets I worked hard.  I expect to move up in weight as I get used to this movement again (assuming we keep doing it).  Then we did barbell incline.  This movement has been problematic for my right shoulder but it felt pretty good today. Weight was fairly light and I did paused reps.  Going to have to be patient and increase weight slowly.

Then we did decline close grip bench.  We used to do this at LA Fitness because it was the only barbell press I could do without significant pain.  Unfortunately, it was quite painful on my right shoulder today. I did the first set conventional grip and the 2nd set reverse grip, hoping it would feel better. It didn't.  Next we did incline fly's with weighted crunches.  Finished up with some more triceps work and abs.  Good WO. Loved pushing the barbell!

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 176.0 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment