Monday, April 2, 2018

Mon 4/2 - Biggest Loser Contest

My company had a biggest loser contest and I decided to join for the fun of it and because I'm new at the company and thought it would be good to participate in a group activity.  My competitive nature kicked in and I decided I might as well give it a good run.  This also coincides nicely with the end of my winter bulk time and transitioning into leaning out for Spring.  I do this every year...

So, the contest was 8 weeks long, first weigh in was the Monday after the Super Bowl.  Rules were you had to weigh in every Monday between 9am-noon.   You could miss 1 weigh in.  There's a raffle and prizes I think, but mainly just for fun and to enhance corporate culture.

I ate a lot over Super Bowl weekend, we made chili.  I had a lot of carbs and a lot of liquid Sunday and Monday morning.  I was fairly bloated over "normal" walk around weight.   We weigh in with clothes on, so no stripping down or anything.

Here are my weekly weigh-ins and % body weight drop:

Week0   194.0
Week1   190.0   2.06%
Week2   188.2   2.99%
Week3   186.4   3.92%
Week4   185.0   4.64%
Week5   183.4   5.46%
Week6   181.6   6.39%
Week7   174.6   10.0%
Week8   170.6   12.06%

23.4 Pounds down.  At week 7 I'd jumped into 3rd place with my big drop. At my weigh in time this morning I jumped into the lead.  Not sure if it will hold, but I gave it a pretty good run over 8 weeks.

I figure I probably dropped 8-10 pounds of fat and 14-16 pounds of water.  Strength has been maintained well in the gym, so there may have been a little muscle loss too, but nothing significant based on gym performance.  Some lifts actually went up slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment