Monday, December 18, 2017

Fri 12/15 - Birthday Pull-up Challenge!!!

Workout: Snap Fitness
(Pull-ups)16,13,12,9(50)+8 . (had to do 46 this year to meet goal)
(InvertRow)3x9
(Abs)3x12
(30#HCurl)11,10
(Crunch)2x12
(Band)2x15

40 + 5 = 45 mins

Birthday Pull-up Challenge! Today it was time to once again do the pull-up challenge. The challenge consists of doing a pull-up for each year old, in as few sets as possible.

It's been my goal to do it in 4 sets the last couple of years, but it's taken me 5. Usually I get w/in a couple of reps and have to do a small 5th set to finish it off. I got off to a really good start with 16 pull-ups and after a second set of 13 I knew I would get it in 4. I ended up getting 50 pull-ups in 4 sets and did a 5th set while Sarah Finished off her "practice attempt". Her birthday is Jan 2nd, so we'll do it again then.  That's likely to be a bear of a challenge because we'll be at her parents for the week between Christmas and New Years and surely packing away lots of good food.

So, after pull-ups we finished up a pull WO. We did inverted rows with abs. Then hammer curls with crunches and band pulls.  Felt really good about the challenge this year. I wasn't as light as I thought I'd need to be to get it done in 4 sets.  I thought if I could get to around 170#'s I'd have a pretty good shot, but I was 175.4 this morning. We did the challenge in the evening, so I was probably 3-4 pounds heavier than that when we did them.

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 175.4 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment