Thursday, August 10, 2017

Wed 8/9 - Upper (BARBELL INCLINE!!!)

Workout: Golds
(135#BBInc)4x8
(135#BOR)3x10
(55#IsoShldr)3x8
(#12PullDn)3x8
(85#OHTri)11,9
(35#Inc/HCurl)10,10
(60#Crunch)2x10
(18#RDelt)2x10
(Crunch)2x10
(18#CableFly)15/5,5,4

43 + 5 = 48 mins

Monday was a hard WO and I know this weekend will be another hard/heavy WO, so today had to be a bit easier…but what to do? My R shoulder issues has prevented me from doing any barbell pressing for a LONG time; several years.  But I decided to see what the bar, just the bar, felt like on incline.  It felt good, so I added a 25# plate on each side and did a couple reps. That felt good too. I put a 45# plate on each side and did a couple reps. It felt good so I did a set of 8 and the workout started. I supersetted incline with BOR. I ended up doing 4x8 on incline. This isn’t heavy weight for me, but in the past I couldn’t even press this w/o significant pain.  By the 4th set I did feel it in my shoulder a bit, but not bad. Super excited about this. I’ll have to take it slow, but will try to start incorporating some barbell pressing into my routine; at least on incline. Not sure about flat bench press yet. We’ll see.

Then I did pulldowns with shoulder press. Then Overhead Triceps extensions with DB incline and hammer curls and weighted crunches. Next were rear delt raises with body weight crunches. Finished up with  cable chest fly for a myo-rep set.  Very good work and most importantly, SUPER excited about barbell pressing. Whoohooo!

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 168.4 this morning. Trying to eat at or slightly above maintenance but have been dropping weight all week. First day or two was water, but I think I have to up my calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment