Saturday, August 5, 2017

Fri 8/4 - Upper (Myo-Reps)

Workout: Golds
(45#IsoInc)15/5,5,5,4
(120#SeatRow)15/5,5,5,4
(45#IsoShldr)11/3,3,3,2
(#10PullDn)11/4,4,4,3
(65#Rope)12/3,3,3,2
(60#EZCurl)12/4,4,3
(CaptChair)12/3,3,3,2
(90#RDelt)15/5,5,4
(105#Fly)12/3,3,3,2
(25#Crunch)15/5,5,5

38 + 5 = 43 mins

Upper body myo-rep WO today. Tried to keep rest shorter than my the push/pull WO’s this week. 10-15 seconds rest between sets. Gets very hard. Quickly. I also didn’t rest for very long between exercises (1-2 mins).  Started with iso-lateral incline machine (a bit safer on my shoulder than DB’s I believe). Then I did seated rows. Lats on fire toward the end. Next was iso shoulder and then the pulldown machine I like a lot. Good weights selection and pleased with effort on these main exercises.

Then I did rope extensions. For me, I don’t really like mho-reps for triceps work. My elbows have been a bit tender and these seem to irritate them. Then I did EZ bar curls. Love myo-reps for curls.  Next were leg raises in the captain’s chair. These are surprisingly very hard. Feel like my abs are super weak doing these. Then I did rear delt and chest flys. Chest fly’s really activated chest, despite the fly machine at Golds sucking. Finished up with some weighted crunches.

Very good workout. A lot of “effective reps” in a short amount of time.  A similar WO over lunch with traditional set/rest protocol with only 2 sets per exercise would take the same amount of time and have far less effective reps where muscles were working hard in fatigued and close to failure state.

Nutrition/Weight:
I weighed 168.2 this morning. Been eating  a lot more calories than during diet, but trying to keep carbs moderate. That means I’m eating a lot more fat. More nuts (almonds) and whole eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment