Monday, June 12, 2017

Fri 6/9 - Upper (OHP) - 165.8#'s

Workout: Golds
(95#OHP)3x8
(Pullups)12,12,13
(70#DBInc)2x8
(135#BOR)2x8
(15#RDelt)2x10
(RevCrunch)29,15,12
(Crunch)2x10

38 + 5 = 43 mins

Quick WO over lunch. Just wanted to get a little work in. I haven’t done barbell overhead press in a long time and would like to get back to it if my shoulder will cooperate. I warmed upand thought 95#’s was going to be my last warmup set. Turns out this was a decent working weight for today. I really thought I’d be stronger on this lift given how good my pressing has been lately. But it showed me that I haven’t been doing enough shoulder pressing and been doing it more as an accessory to incline. Anyway, a good starting point. I supersetted OHP with pull-ups. This was a bright spot. I got 37 reps on 3 sets. Certainly helps I’m fairly lean and light right now, but those are great numbers for me, without going to failure on a single set.  I know I could’ve gotten 9 reps on a 4th set and done my age in pull-ups in 4 sets (the birthday challenge).

Next I did 2 sets incline and bent over rows. 70# DB’s felt fairly heavy and my R shoulder didn’t feel great. Finished up with some rear delt and ab work. No direct arm work today.

Weight: 
I weighed 165.8 this morning. Lowest of the diet and I think lowest in 2 years. Hike and refeed this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment