Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wed 1/18 - Upper

Workout: Golds
(70#DBInc)3x11
(75#DBRow)3x8
(30#IncFly)2x10
(PullDn)3x10
(ShldrPress)2x12
(25#Crunch)3x15
(73#RopeExt)11,8
(10#RDelt)2x10

33 + 7 = 40 mins

Quick Upper WO today. Started with steep angle incline. These felt really good. Very controlled reps with paused reps last rep or two of each set. I’d like to go heavier here, and certainly could, but it’s really tough on my R shoulder getting heavy DB’s into place. Supersetted these with DB rows. Again, controlled reps. They got heavy quick when not cheating the weight up. Then I raised the angle of the incline further and did 2 sets of DB fly’s. I haven’t done these in forever, and probably shouldn’t have. They’re really hard on my shoulder.  They felt good through 8 reps, and I should’ve stopped there. The last 2 reps were a bit painful.

Then I did 2 sets of shoulder press supersetted with 3 sets of pulldowns.  Finished up with rope extensions, abs and rear delt work.  Done in 40 mins including warmup. Solid work for such a short WO. I’ve been really pleased with pressing lately. I’ve got to fight the urge to go heavy and frequent.

Weight: 
I weighed 175.6 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment