Friday, July 29, 2016

Thu 7/28 - Upper

Workout: Golds
(80#DBInc)11,8,65x9
(90#DBRow)3x10
(70#IsoShldr)2x9
(160#PullDn)2x10
(Plank/Crunch)4x80/12
(80#PushDn)12,11
(35#Inc/HCurl)12/12
(15#RDelt)2x10

56 mins

Plan was to keep the volume fairly low so I can recover for longer/harder WO on Saturday. That will make 3 WO’s for the week on a hard cut, so I really had to stick with lower volume, even though my tendency is always to add more. I did heavy DB Rows while warming up on incline and they were good for this weight (fairly heavy for me). Incline was decent. First set was good, second set I faded a bit and mis-grooved the 8th rep a bit which turned it into a bit of a grinder and bothered my R shoulder. I increased the angle of the incline and did a drop set on short-ish rest.

This is the first WO recently where I’ve felt the diet. Energy was sapped fairly quickly and I think the heavy DB rows took quite a bit out of me before even getting into incline working sets. Next I did iso shoulder press with wide grip pulldowns and the plank/crunch combo. 2 sets a piece. Shoulder press was good for this weight. Then I did triceps pushdowns with 2 more sets of plank/crunch combo.  Really liking that ab combo.  Finished up with a set of incline/hammer curl combo and 2 sets rear delt work.  Pretty decent WO.

Nutrition: 
I weighed 169.8 this morning.  Happy to be below 170. Feeling good. Getting there slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment