Friday, July 8, 2016

Fri 7/8 - Deadlift

Workout: Golds
(Deadlift)135x10,225x5,275x3,295x3,325x1,1,1,1,1,225x10
(4PlLegPress)3x12
(Crunch)3x15
(Stretch)2x90

31 mins

Sarah and I plan to check out a new gym tomorrow morning, but I really wanted to get to the gym today for 3 reasons. One, I wanted to get a bit of activity in. Two, I have a requirement with my membership that I need to go to the gym 10 times a month. That doesn’t sound like a lot, but it’s more than the 2x/week I seem to have been going. Three, I hadn’t done any leg work in a while (other than hiking) and I really felt like doing some deadlifts.

So, I started off with deadlift at 135#’s for a warmup, then ramped up to a decent weight and did 5 singles with 60 second rest. Then I dropped to 225#’s and did a set of 10. The triples on the way up felt good and the singles were ok. I think I had some back rounding going on.  I just haven’t done much deadlift lately so form isn’t where it should be. Anyway, I enjoyed it. The deadlifts took 20 mins. Then I did 3 sets of leg press and crunch combo. Finished up with some lower back and hamstring stretching.  Fun WO.

Nutrition: 
I weighed 170.0 this morning, down from 179.6 on Tuesday. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment