Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Tue 3/22 - Upper

Workout: Golds
(135#OHP)3x5,95x11
(180#PullDn)3x8,160x10
(65#Inc)10,10,9 - Paused
(135#BOR)3x10
(65#Rope)12,10
(25#Crunch)2x15

37 + 7 = 44 mins

Short but heavy and effective WO today at Golds. I've been pushing incline fairly hard lately and have gotten away from switching my first main pressing movement between OHP and Incline. I think mixing those up, and reducinig the frequency I was going heavy (and to failure) on incline is what's really helped my shoulders stay relatively healthy the last 6 months.  So, today, I started with OHP. I haven't done a lot of this lately and I wasn't sure what to expect with starting fairly heavy. I was  quite pleased with 135#'s for 3x5. I added the back-off set for a little more volume. I supersetted OHP with standard straight bar pulldowns - 3 heavy sets and a back off.  Great superset.

Then I supersetted incline with BOR. Incline was great. Really controlled reps with long pauses at the bottom on every rep. BOR felt good until after the 2nd set. I felt a twinge/pain in my left lat. Finished up with 2 sets of rope pushdowns and weighted crunches.  Excellent WO in a  short amount of time. Perfect for a weekday WO.

Nutrition:

I weighed 174.0 this morning. I was 176 yesterday after weekend refeed, which was great. I didn't overdo it and didn't feel sloppy Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment