Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tue 2/2 - Upper

Workout: Work Gym
(185#SmBOR)3x11
(75#Inc)13,11,8
(55#Crunch)3x12
(175#VbarPull)2x11
(135#SmOHP)2x8
(75#DBRow)3x10
(20#IncFly)3x11
(35#Delt)2x11
(75#OHTri)12,9,9
(15#RDelt)2x10

68 + 4 w/u = 72 mins

Got a WO in over lunch at the work gym today. I started with BOR in the smith machine during incline warmups. 3 good sets of 11. Then I supersetted incline with heavy weighted crunches. This is the heaviest I've gone on crunches in a while. Incline started great. 13 reps is the most I've gotten in a set in a long while. After the 1st set I was hoping to go 13,12,11 or something like that. 2nd set was pretty good. 3rd set I kind of died. Still very good work at this weight.

Next I did 2 sets each of vbar pulldowns and OHP (smith machine). I only did 2 sets because I wanted to do a couple other back and chest movements. So, then I moved on to incline cable fly's with DB rows. I had planned on only 2 sets, but I got the incline cable fly set up at this gym (something I didn't think I'd be able to to, or would be allowed) and it felt good so I did 3 sets of each.  Then I did some heavy delt raises/fly's with some triceps work. First set of triceps was overhead rope extensions, but that really bothered my wrists today, so I switched to overhead DB extensions for the last 2 sets and also threw in some rear delt work. Very good WO.

Nutrition:
I weighed 176.2 this morning. Weight was decent today. My WO's have been really great the last couple of weeks and I'm definitely gaining strength and size. This is mostly because I've been eating at or over maintenance which has been supporting growth. The down side of that is my weight is a little higher than I'd like. I'd like to cut down to closer to 170 before starting my new job because it's going to be VERY busy and it might take a while to figure out my work, WO, eating routine while starting new job, moving to Charlotte, NC, travelling home to sell my house, spend time with my kids and Sarah, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment