Thursday, December 17, 2015

Tue 12/14 - Upper - Good shoulder press

Workout: Work Gym
(60#DBShldr)4x8
(175#VbarPull)4x8
(25#CableFly)3x12
(75#DBRow)2x12
(83#PushDn)2x10
(30#Delt)2x10
(40#IncCurl)2x9
(Crunch)2x12
(145#OHTri)2x12

50 + 7 w/u = 57 mins

Started with shoulder press and was quite pleasantly surprised with 4x8 with 60#DB's. This was a bump up in weight and thought maybe I'd get 2 decent sets at this weight and have to drop down. Very nice. Building back up here very well. Pulldowns were ok. Then I supersetted cable fly's with DB rows. I'd planned on doing machine fly's, but someone was using that. I didn't want to do incline today, but wanted a little bit of chest stimulation. So I did cable fly's for the first time in about forever. Felt great. Felt so good the planned 2 sets turned into 3. Will do these again.

Next I did heavy pushdowns with delt fly's. Pushdowns were really painful on my abs. Killed abs over the weekend, and my lower abs were still really sore. But not that good kind of sore feeling during pushdowns. When contracting my core to stabilize during pushdowns, it almost felt like something was going to tear in my lower abs. I'm guessing that's not what was about to happen, but if "felt" that way, so I stopped after 2 sets. Later, I did 2 more sets of overhead triceps extensions on a machine that weren't all that satisfying. I should've just done skull crushers, but wanted to give my elbows a break from that exercise today. Finished up with some heavy incline curls (progressing here), body weight crunches and the overhead tri work.  Good WO. Very pleased with shoulder press.

Nutrition:
I weighed 174.8this morning.


Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 216 424 51       3,017
Calories 864 1695 461       3,020
Percent 29% 56% 15% `

No comments:

Post a Comment