Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Sun 5/24 - Lower + Accessory

Workout: LA Fitness
(12Pl#LegPress)3x8,6Plx20
(10#CrunchTwist)4x12
(185#SLDL)3x10
(Plank)3x90sec
(IncFly)25x12,30x10,10
(65#UprightRow)3x10
(45#Pullover)2x10
(55#SealRow)2x10
(20#LDelt)3x10
(RevCrunch)3x15

67 + 5 w/u =72 mins

Sarah and I did a lower + accessory WO today. Calling this a lower body WO is really a joke when legs consist of leg press and SLDL, but that's about what my legs can take right now, and that's probably enough to maintain. I went heavier on leg press than ever (I think). Certainly heaviest in a long time. 12 plates was a lot for me and I really had to push hard. Felt OK, but did bother my left knee a bit and going heavy like this probably isn't all that wise. The drop set of 20 reps was brutal.  Supersetted leg press with crunch twists.

Next we did SLDL supersetted with 90 second planks.  Then we moved on to some upper body accessory work that we couldn't get to yesterday during our upper WO.  Started real light on incline fly's and worked up. Really did this just to get a little volume and some blood moving through chest after yesterday's heavy work. Supersetted fly's with cable upright rows.  Then we supersetted pullovers with seal rows. Still not comfortable with pullovers, even with a light weight like this.  Finished up with some lateral delt raises and reverse crunches.  Nice WO.

Nutrition:
I weighed 179.2 this morning. Feeling good but think I need to eat more fat. Since I've been doing so much work in the yard the last couple of weeks, I've been burning a ton of calories (over 4,000/day). I'm supposed to be eating at maintenance for 2 weeks, but it's difficult to eat that many calories. I've been eating a lot of carbs, and even though I'm still at a deficit, I feel bloated in the mornings.


Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 232 443 43       3,102
Calories 926 1772 388       3,086
Percent 30% 57% 13% `

No comments:

Post a Comment