Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mon 5/25 - Upper

Workout: LA Fitness
(Inc)65x12,70x11,11,9
(115#IsoRow)3x11,15,10
(70#IsoShldr)10,8,8
(175#PullDn)3x10
(30#Inc/HCurl)13/10,13/10
(73#RopeExt)2x11
(45#DecCrunch)2x10
(65#Rope)13,12
(BWDecCrunch)2x15
(20#LDelt)2x10
(130#RDeltFly)12,10
(190#Fly)12,10

80 + 10 w/u = 90 mins

This WO caps a big weekend of 3 WO's and more work in the yard. Feeling a little beat up, but warmups felt good. I didn't go real heavy on incline, but really good paused reps and a fair amount of volume. We supersetted with iso rows. Haven't done these in a long while (been doing seated rows) and was happy to get back to them. Sarah and I don't do them often because it's just more difficult and time consuming to switch the weights on the plate loaded machine. I did 3 2-arm sets, and 2 1-arm sets. Felt great.

Next we did iso shoulder press with pulldowns. We were going to try landmines for shoulders, but swapping the weights and learning a new exercise were going to be problematic so we just did shoulder press. I learned a new tip for pulldowns with I tried to implement and I think it worked well. It just invovles activating the back by engageing the lats better before starting the pull. It takes some concentration, but I could tell a difference.

Next we triple-setted curls, rope extensions and weighted decline crunches. Pushed hard on curls and my biceps were on fire/cramping. Next we did rope pushdowns with body weight decline crunches.  We did 2 sets of lateral delt raises and finished the WO w/ some chest and rear delt fly's.  Good WO.

Nutrition:
I weighed 178.6 this morning. Gotta eat more. And today I did. But might have gone a little over board. Was fairly good all day, but then at Sarah's parents cookout, I ate my meal, then about half a rack of ribs. Then when we got home I ate several bowls of cereal.  Not sure about calories for the day, but probably at least 4,500.

No comments:

Post a Comment