Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sat 3/14 - Push Day

Workout: LA Fitness
(65#DBShldr)8,8,7,6,45x10P
(60#Inc)4x10P
(RevCrunch)15,12,10,8 - Great lower ab work
(Dips)12,12,11
(10#Crunch)3x10
(40#IsoShldr)10,10,9
(63#PushDn)3x10
(110#LDelt)3x10
(175#Fly)3x9

70 + 8 w/u = 78 mins

Didn't get the reps I've been getting on shoulder press today, but I'm pretty sure it's because this was the 3rd time hitting them this week and I just hadn't recovered enough. Still good effort and the back-off paused set was very good. Incline was good. Still doing paused partials to save shoulder. I supersetted these with reverse crunches on the decline situp bench. First time doing these and they were fantastic - they hammer the lower abs and got very difficult fairly quickly.

Next I supersetted dips with crunches. Dips bothered my R shoulder a bit and I should've stopped after the first set (or first few reps). Nobobdy likes a quitter though, so I pushed through. Stupid.  I did 3 sets on the hammer strength iso lateral shoulder press machine. I started with the weight I normally use, but have never done this machine after already having done heavy DB shoulder press. I had to lighten the load. This really finished off my shoulders. I did some triceps and lateral delt work and finished off with 2 sets of lighter flys.  Very good push WO.

Nutrition:

I weighed 185.0 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment