Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wed 1/7 - Push Day

Workout: LA Fitness
(80#Inc)9,9,8 R shoulder/pec - skipped the 4th set
(65#Inc)11,10,9 Good
(60#IsoShlder)4x8
(10#Crunch)12,12,10,10
(58#Rope)3x12
(20#LDelt)2x10

44 + 10 w/u = 54 mins

I took the last 2 days off because my R elbow has been really painful. Today should've been a Pull or Upper WO, but I wanted to give another day before pulling, so I did a push day. Heavy incline was fairly good, but once I hit about rep 7 on each set I started getting a sharp pain in my right shoulder. I think I could've pushed for an extra rep or two but didn't want to risk it. I also didn't do a planned 4th set. Since I didn't do a 4th heavy set, I did 3 lighter/steeper sets instead of 2. I think 3 sets on the steeper incline is better than 2, but need to be careful about letting volume get too high.

I was planning on doing DB Shoulder press, but the seats were taken and I was pressed for time so I did the hammer strength iso shoulder. Didn't get as many reps as last WO, but did 4 good sets. Supersetted these with crunches w/ a 10# plate on my chest.  Finished the WO w/ some triceps and delt work. I started w/ a set of overhead rope extensions. This really hurt my wrists (which have been bothering me lately also), so I switched to rope pushdowns which felt better.

I feel like I'm kind of falling apart. My knees are getting achy again, my R elbow has been really bad (to the point that I wear a compression sleeve all the time and an extra strength one during WO's), my righ shoulder/pec is bad. Really frustrated that I can't put the work in that I'd like during this winter bulking season. I'm working as hard as my body will allow, but not really making any progress. Feel like I take one step forward and two steps back. Need to heal up and be more cautious with volume.

Nutrition:

I weighed 178.0 this morning. Not a bad weight, but don't feel great about it. At this weight and how I'm eating, I should really be making strength and muscle gains, but training hasn't been optimal for that. Gotta remember it's the journey and hard work that's the reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment