Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wed 1/21 - Push Day

Workout: LA Fitness
(Inc)85x7,6,80x7,8 - Ugh, R shoulder real bad
(65#Inc)11,9
(60#IsoShldr)4x8
(15#Crunch)20,16,16,14
(73#RopeExt)10,9
(10#LDelt)2x12
(58#Rope)2x12
(10#RDelt)2x10

48 + 10 w/u = 58 mins

Oh man, my right shoulder is screwed. It was bothering me when warming up with 45#DB's. I should've bagged the WO and done it tomorrow. I think until I get this thing healed up a bit, I'm only going to be able to do 1 "heavy" pressing day a week and on the 2nd day, stick with some light stuff and other movements like fly's. I'm bummed. Anyway, started with 85# incline. Left arm goes up fine. Right arm just feels unstable and weak at about half way through the press. I did 2 sets w/ 85#DB's and then dropped to 80#'s. 80's felt much better on it and I think that's about as heavy as I can be going right now. On the bright side, my last set was my best. Then I increased the angle and did 2 good lighter sets.

I grabbed light DB's to warm up for shoulder press and couldn't do it at all w/o pain. This surprised me because lately even if inlince bothers my shoulder and pec, shoulder press has been fine. Not today. I move to the hammer strength iso press machine and did 4 good sets, supersetted with weighted crunches. Finished off the WO with some triceps and delt work. Despite my shoulder issues, this was still a decent WO. And I can tell I'm getting stronger because I can really control the weight and reps. I just get stuck on the R side. I'd better take care of it before I really tear something badly.

Nutrition:
I weighed 180.8 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment