Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sun 1/18 - Upper

Workout: LA Fitness
(65#DBShldr)7,6,60x7,7,45x12 - Very good
(165#SeatRow)10,10,9,8
(HangLegRaise)10,9,9,35
(65#Inc)11,10,9
(185#PullDn)10,9,8
(15#Crunch)12,10,10
(60#SealRow)3x10
(65#RopeExt)12,10,10
(Plank)2,1,1,2

81 + 10 w/u = 91 mins

After a day of skiing at Whitetail w/ Sarah yesterday I was feeling a little beat up. I had the chance to work out with Sarah this morning. Was going to be a pull day, but decided to do an upper body WO since Sarah was w/ me and tomorrow I'll either take a rest day or do lower or cardio. Anyway, I knew it was too soon to hit real heavy incline again so we started with shoulder press. I bumped up to 65#'s for the first time. Got 2 good sets, but it was heavy and I dropped the weight to 60#DB's and got 2 more good sets. Then we did a back-off set, which felt great. Shoulders felt pretty good.

I bumped the weith on seated rows and they were good. Supersetted with hanging leg raises. As predicted, these were hell on the elbows, so we did 3 sets plus one set of lying leg raises. Next we did high angle incline. Worked hard and got good reps, but I thought I'd get more since I normally do these after heavy incline and get these reps or better. I guess shoulder press really impacted this more than I thought it would. Sarah worked really hard on all 3 sets here. Really good effort on her part.

I bumped up the weight on pulldowns and they went really well. We supersetted with crunches. Next we supersetted seal rows with rope extensions. I started seal rows w/ 55#'s, but that felt too light. 60#'s was good. Finished the WO with a plank series. 2 mins plank, 1 min R-side plank, 1 min L-side plank, 2 min plank.  These was really good and didn't take a ton of time.  Very good WO. Pushed the weight up wherever I could.

Nutrition:
I weighed 181.0 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment