Saturday, January 3, 2015

Sat 1/3 - Upper (R elbow really bad shape)

Workout: LA Fitness
(60#DBShldr)9,9,8,7,45x11
(180#PullDn)3x8
(10#Crunch)12,12,10,10
(130#SeatRow)3x10
(CaptChair)3x16
(20#LDelt)3x12
(80#PushDn)2x10
(10#RDelt)3x12
(25#Pallof)2x30sec

62 + 8 w/u = 70 mins

I almost skipped the WO this morning. My R elbow is really bad. Skiing seems to have really bothered it from pushing with the poles I guess. It's so bad I can barely screw the top off a soda bottle or carry fairly light things.

I wanted to give chest a little more recovery time, so I did heavy DB shoulder press instead of incline. Shoulder press was awesome. 4 heavy sets and 1 backoff set. My R elbow is TERRIBLE and really painful, so I wasn't plannig on doing a ton of pulling volume. I did bump up the weight on pulldowns and did 3 sets but stayed away from failure to save the elbow. Supersetted these with crunches. Next we supersetted seated rows with capt chair leg raises. I was only going to do 2 sets of rows to save my elbow a bit, but did 3 anyway. I'm hard headed.

Next, Sarah and I were going to do decline. She did her first set and I did one rep with a light weight and racked it. Felt like my R pec/shoulder was going to tear or come apart. Not good. I did lateral raises instead.  Finished up with some tri, rear delt and more core work. Overall a good WO. Pushed a few things harder than planned because I plan on working out push/pull on Sun/Mon, but really happy with shoulder press. Sarah had a great WO, especially incline where she got 3x8 with 35#DB's, which she'd been trying to get for a couple WO's.

Nutrition:

 weighed 180.0 this morning. Yikes. Jumped quite a bit in the last couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment