Saturday, January 24, 2015

Sat 1/24 - Upper

Workout: LA Fitness
(80#Inc)3x8,55x10 - Ugh, R shoulder is a mess
(165#SeatRow)10,10,10
(CaptChair)12,12,10
(60#IsoShldr)10,9,8,8
(190#PullDn)10,9,8
(20#Crunch)3x8
(190#Fly)12,11
(60#SealRow)2x12
(65#RopeExt)2x10

70 + 10 w/u = 80 mins

I woke up at 4:15 this mornign for some reason. Could've used more sleep for sure. Sarah and I went to the gym for an upper day. We started w/ incline as usual. My R shoulder continues to be bad and bothered me all week. Warmups didn't feel great and I said I was going to just stick with 75#'s and see how that went. I ended up grabbing 80#DB's anyway. These still shouldn't be very heavy. First set I got 8 and needed an assist on the right side the last rep or two. I asked Sarah to try to help me keep the R one level w/ the left. My shoulder was really painful and I probably should've either gone really light or skipped this all together. Problem is I've been eating in a surplus and will probably start cutting calories next week so I really wanted to push the weights as much as possible today.  Anyway, second set Sarah starting assisting the R side about rep 5/6. I think about the same for the 3rd set. Left side was fine. Really hard to press when one side is just a mess. It makes everything off balance. We increased the angle of the incline and I tried to use my normal weight of 65#DB's. Couldn't even get the right one up. Dropped to 55#'s and did 10 reps. Decent work I guess. Frustrating.

Seated rows were good. Supersetted them with leg raises in the Capt. Chair. I took my legs high and focused on controlling. Next we did iso shoulder press. I got more reps than last WO and was happy with these.  Then we supersetted pulldowns with crunches. I bumped the weight up on pulldowns and they were heavy
but good.

Since I couldn't do as much chest/pressing as I'd like, we did 2 sets of flys. There were painful, but still felt fairly good. Finished up the WO with  seal rows and rope extensions. I added reps on seal rows.  Good WO.

Nutrition:

I weighed 181.2 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment