Monday, January 19, 2015

Mon 1/19 - Lower

Workout: LA Fitness
(DeadLift)225x5,275x3,325x2,345x2,365x2,2,275x15
(LegPress)4Plx40,6Plx25,25
(CaptChair)3x10
(70#LegExt)2x10
(10#T-twist)16,16,14

60 mins = 60 mins

Sarah and I went to the gym for a lower WO this morning. I hadn't done deadlift since Dec 21 (a month ago) so I wasn't planning on pushing things too heavy. I warmed up with a set of 135#'s and just did my normal weight escalation until I got to top weight working sets. Things felt really easy today. 365#'s didn't seem that bad, but my left glute started to bother me a touch so I kept it to 2 top-end sets. Could've kept doing doubles for a couple more sets. I dropped weight to 275#'s for a back-off set and got 15 reps. I've never gotten that many before and I've never gone heavier for a double than 365#'s. The back-off set of 15 reps took a ton of energy. I was huffing and puffing for a while after that one.  Great session given the layoff. Sarah did 6 heavy working sets of 5-8 reps. Good work for her.

Sarah and I were sharing the leg press machine, so I stayed light and high reps so we didn't have to switch out a lot of plates. We supersetted these with leg raises in the Capt Chair. I bumped the weight on leg extensions and after two sets my quads felt like jello. Finished the WO with some torture twists for some additional core work. Sarah and I both loved these. We haven't been doing them because they're a pain in the butt to set up at our gym (benches are bolted down so we can't easily move 2 benches close to each other). 

Nutrition:
I weighed 182.8 this morning. Ate a lot late last night so weight was pretty high this morning. Still feeling fairly lean at this weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment