Monday, October 20, 2014

Mon 10/20 - Push Day (Inc Rep Goal Met)

Workout: LA Fitness
(80#Inc)10,10,8,7 - Rep goal of 35 met! Took several weeks, but got it!
(55#DBShldr)8,7,45x8,8,8
(LyingLegRaise)30/4x10
(65#Inc)12,7 - Completely died on 2nd set
(155#Decline)9,8
(40#IncFly)9,8,7
(OHTri)80x8,75x8,8
(25#LDelt)3x9
(50#Rope)3x12
72 + 10 w/u = 82 mins

Warmup felt OK, first set of incline felt a bit heavy. Didn't think I'd attempt 10 reps on 2nd set, but felt ok so got it. This is where I hit a major wall last WO. I got 8 reps 3rd set and 7 on last. Pushed every set hard. Hit goal of 35 reps! Woohoo! With rep goal system, this would mean time to add weight. But, since I can't add only 5 pounds to the bar (given these are fixed weight DB's) I'm going to stick with 80#DB's for a while until I can get a few more reps and/or 35 reps is a bit more "comfortable". I'll still keep pushing for as many reps as possible, but I want to hit 35+ reps a couple times before bumping up the weight. My form wasn't the best and I'd like to get some paused work in at this weight. 85# DB's are not THAT much heavier, but they're significantly harder on my shoulders. I'll bump up to that weight now and then, but probably not start a rep-goal protocol there yet.

Next I did DB shoulder press. Didn't get quite as many reps as last WO, but great work with 5 sets. I gave my chest/tri's a break before more pressing with a myo-rep set of lying leg raises. They were great. Next I increased the angle of the incline and did 2 sets. My goal reps here are 20 and I've only been getting 17. First set I got 12 reps! I thought this goal was going to be smashed. Then I shit the bed and died. Only got 7 reps on next set. Progress, but holy cow, that got heavy fast!

Decline was OK. Only 2 sets. I bumped the weight on incline fly's and it was heavy, but good. Finished up with tri and detl work. Great WO! Very pleased with the progress.

Nutrition:

I weighed 176.2 again this morning. Didn't eat great yesterday, but lots of walking at Kings Dominion for Halloween Haunt. A great time with Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment