Monday, August 18, 2014

Sun - Upper (Myo-reps)

Workout: LA Fitness
(70#Inc)12/+4x4 - AWESOME!
(135#UHBOR)12/+5x4
(55#Inc)13/+4x4
(175#RevPullDn)12/+3x4
(175#PullDn)3x4
(220#Fly)12/+4x4
(65#SeatRow)12/+3x4
(45#IsoShldr)10/+4x3
(58#Rope)12/+4x4
(30#Curl)12/+3x4
38 + 8 w/u = 46mins

Pressed for time today. Gym opens at 8am. Sarah was running a 20k race and I really wanted to be there to cheer her on at the finish. Her projected finish time was 9am. I did my shoulder warmup routine at home with bands and rope mobility exercises. Got to the gym and did a few w/u incline sets and got to work. Zero fucking around time today. This WO was short, but insanely difficult. I forgot my water bottle and had dry-mouth working from the first sets of incline.

Last upper WO w/ myo-reps I did incline with 75#'s and it was just too heavy with short rests. I dropped to 70#'s today and nailed it. Perfect weight, but really had to work hard on mini sets. It's hard to explain how hard these mini-sets feel from the first rep. I'm used to doing straight sets across (e.g. 4x8) where the first couple of reps are "easy" and get progressively hard toward the latter half of the set.  These are really hard from the very first rep.  Awesome work. BOR was underhand grip and was great. Then I went back to incline at a steeper angle and bumped the weight from last WO. Great work here too.

Pulldowns were good. I did underhand first, then switched to overhand grip and skipped the larger activation set. Fly's were good. I bumped the weight from last WO, but had to drop to 205#'s after the 2nd mini-set to keep reps. Seated rows were good. Shoulder press was good, but couldn't manage mini sets of more than 3. I would prefer mini sets of 4, but this was the right weight. Finished with some quick tri and bi work. In and out in just over 45 minutes and made it to the race finish to see Sarah. Just another awesome piece to what was a fantastic and memorable weekend with Sarah and the kids (canoeing, Lucketts fair, acoustic on the green, swimming...).

Nutrition:
I weighed 177.0 this morning after refeed yesterday. Refeed again today. Legs are extremely sore from yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment