Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thu 12/5 - GBR Upper

Workout: Golds
(95#OHP)10,10,11
(35#Pullups)6,6,7
(75#DBInc)3x8
(135#BOR)3x8
(155#CGBP)8,8,10
(80#IsoRow)3x12
(70#OHTri)10,9
(30#IncCurl)2x10
(195#CableCrunch)2x10
(60#Rope)3x10
(LegRaise)2x15
51 + 7w/u + 10c/d = 68mins

4th day into RFL cut and had a great WO today. I was really surprised that I had the amount of energy that I did. Kept things to 3 sets and tried to go as heavy as I have been lately. Everything went well and I didn't press too terribly hard on anything either.  Bent over rows felt really good today. I did them the "right" way today and lowered the weight to the floor every rep and then tried to be explosive on the contraction.

Very pleased. Shoulders felt pretty good and left elbow wasn't too terribly bad, even on weighted pullups. WO wasn't overly long either. I don't know if I would've had the energy for a 90 min WO today. But, I've got to keep this in mind...to keep WO's shorter, concentrate on heavy compound movements and don't waste so much time on accessory stuff as I sometimes tend to do (after hitting the heavy compounds).

While I was doing weighted pullups a guy came over and was asking me about them. He was curious how I held a heavy dumbbell between my legs, how long I'd been doing them, did I do any rock/mountain climbing.  Nice guy. Turns out he was a teacher/coach in Fairfax County for many years. He was in his late 60's to early 70's. When I told him I went to Woodson, he mentioned Labby's name and knew of him.

Nutrition:

I weighed 171.8 this morning. Down a full 8 pounds since Monday. Cut going well. Tight nutrition again today.  23 more grams carbs today because I ate some spinach and carrots.  Not sure how long I should restrict carbs this tightly. I'll see what I weigh tomorrow and how I feel. I'm going to try to hit some leg work in the gym tomorrow (leg press and dead lift). That should be interesting on no carbs for 5 days and not having done a lower WO in a few weeks :)



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 239 50 16  1,303
  Calories 958 199 141  1,297
  Percent 74% 15% 11% `

No comments:

Post a Comment