Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sun 12/22 - Push Day

Workout: (LA Fitness)
(115#OHP)5,5,5,5,7 V. Good
(70#DBInc)8,8,8,10
(65#DBBench)8,8
(165#DecCGBP)3x10 Wt. bump, very good
(LegRaise)3x15
(70#OHTri)10,10,9
(25#LatDelt)3x10
(45#FrontDelt)3x8
(Rope)15/+5,5,5,5
(ChestFly)3x10
90mins + 8 w/u = 98mins

Sarah and I hit the gym together again this morning. She's turning out to be a good WO partner. She's getting the hang of most of the movements, and she's willing to work hard in the gym. I can appreciate that.

OHP went well. First set didn't feel easy by any means, but I just felt stronger as the sets went along. Happy w/ 7 reps +30 second hold at the end. Incline was really good and I got 10 reps on the last set. Sarah helped a touch on the last rep. Bench felt really good, but stopped at 2 sets because I had fly's planned later in the WO too.(34mins). Already a lot of good, heavy, pressing to this point.

Because of the weights Sarah and I were using on CGBP, it was convenient to just bump the weight to 165 lbs. I'd been meaning to bump weight here anyway. I kept same reps as normal at this higher weight. VERY pleased with this, especiall coming after a lot of pressing already. Combo'd with leg raises, which was a pain in the ass because peopel were using the captain chair so we ended up doing 3 sets at 3 different locations. 2 of the sets were haning from the pullup bar. I love how these feel, but it's just too hard on my shoulders and elbows hanging for that long.

Next we did a triple set of lateral delt, front delt and OH tri extensions. Front delts were a bit too heavy w/ a 45# plate, but LA Fitness doesn't have 35# plates.  Finished up the WO w/ rope pushdowns and 3 sets of chest fly's. Chest fly's felt great on this machine. Got a great pump.

VERY pleased with this WO. Some great pressing. Got higher reps on OHP, which is my main press movement I want to progress on during this training block, so that's very positive. Very pleased with bumping weight on close grip decline and keeping reps. I should bump again soon.

Nutrition:
I weighed 177.0 this morning. Surprised I was that heavy, but better to feed great WO's this weekend than to worry about a small weight spike.

No comments:

Post a Comment