Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sat 12/21 - Pull Day

Workout: (LA Fitness)
(165#BOR)5x8 Very good
(145#Pulldown)5x8
(LegRaise)4x15
(SeatRow)4x10
(145#RevGripPull)2x10
(35#IncCurl)10,8,8 Wt. bump, very good
(30#RDelt)3x8
(115#RDelt)2x10
(85#BBCurl)6,5,65x10
(Crunch)15,15,12,12,8,8
90mins

Sarah and I went to the gym first thing in the morning for a pull day. We started with bent over rows, and I bumped up the weight from last WO. I'm getting the hang of these (finally) and they felt really good...and hard. Short rests on these and they are taxing! Did pulldowns today instead of weighted pullups because my left elbow is really bad. I tried to really start the pull by setting my shoulders and engaging the lats, rather than starting the pull w/ arms and bi's. These felt good. Supersetted leg raises with these.

Seated rows were fairly good and followed them with reverse grip pulldowns. Sarah was having some grip issues, so we only did 2 sets. I teased her that she was mad at the machine, but no grumpy training partners allowed.  Next up were incline DB curls. I started w/ my normal 30#'s and it felt light, so I bumped up to 35#'s and got good reps. Really happy w/ these. I've been stuck at 30's for a while, so progress here is good. Supersetted these with heavy rear delts w/ dumbbells. Followed that up with lighter machine rear delts. Since bi's were feeling strong, I did a couple sets of heavy barbell curls, and they felt good.  We did try a preacher curl machine, but it didn't feel good and hurt my elbow, so we abandoned them.  Finished up the WO w/ some crunches, alternating with one leg raised. These felt great and really activated the lower abs better than normal crunches.

Pretty good WO. Very happy with bent over rows and progressing w/ curls. After wrapping up, we left and picked up the kids to celebrate an early Christmas.

When I went to the locker room to change my shirt, Sarah headed back over to the pulldown machine to show it who was boss. She was still mad she only did 2 sets of pulldowns because of her grip giving her problems :)

Nutrition:
I weighed 174.2 this morning. Feeling good, but will be eating a lot this weekend.

1 comment: