Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sat 12/14 - GBR Upper

Took a rest day Friday, 12/13

Workout: LA Fitness
(75#DBInc)8,8,8,7
(145#BOR)4x8
(95#OHP)4x9
(35#Pullups)6,6,5
(60#Bench)8,8,7
(155#DecCGBP)11,11,10
(LegRaise)3x15
(70#OHTri)3x9
(30#IncCurl)12,10
(RopePushDn)3x12
(25#Lat/RearDelt)3x10/10
85mins + 11 w/u = 96mins

Sarah and I went to the gym together this morning and after ending my cut and eating above maintenance for 2 days, I was looking forward to a really good workout. I was going to push some heavy (for me) weight today. Well, that didn't happen. I lost reps on some main movements. For example, during my cut I was getting reps for incline w/ 75#'s at 8,8,9-10. It happens, but it wasn't what I'd hoped for, but it was still a good WO and I gave it my best effort for today.

It's a good reminder to me that I ended my cut at the right time. I toyed w/ the idea of continuing the cut for a couple more days. I can only imagine that my lifts would've fallen off more dramatically had I continued cutting. That's what happened at the end of my last cut when things literally fell off a cliff the last 2 days of my cut and it took me 6 weeks to build back up. This cut actually went better than any other time as far as maintaining strength goes. Gotta be happy about that. I did do more volume today, doing 4 sets on main movements instead of 3.   Left knee really bad today for no apparent reason. Not happy about that. Thought it was getting better w/ rest and PT.

Nutrition:
I weighed 176.0 this morning. Didn't really track nutrition today.

No comments:

Post a Comment