Monday, November 11, 2013

Sun 11/10 - Push Day

Workout: (Golds)
(75#DBInc)8,8,8,6
(105#OHP)7,6,95#x6,6,6
(145#DecCGBP)12,10,9
(60#DBBench)10,10,10
(195#Crunch)15,13,10
(70#OHTri)9,8,8
(40#CableFly)12,10,10
(20#LatDelt)3x10
(50#RopePushDn)4x12
56 + 12 w/u + 5 c/d = 73mins

Earlier in the week I was targeting this WO as a key WO. I hit some key lifts (pullups) yesterday and was hoping to do the same for incline and OHP today. I only got 3 hours sleep last night and I knew this might not go as planned and even talked w/ Sarah about just doing a light push WO and tring to hit this WO hard on Tue or Wed.  Well, I didn't take my own good advice and decided to press on.

On warming up, 75#DB's felt plenty heavy so I knew they'd be my working weight today instead of 80#'s. I figured I'd get 4-5x8 fairly easy. Didn't happen. On the 4th set, I struggled w/ the 6th rep and stopped there rather than trying to grind out a few more. At least that was smart. Still good work, but not the target today.(10mins). Later on in my WO, I realized that the incline bench was at a steeper incline by 2 notches (which is a lot harder). So I was probably doomed for failure even had I felt good and was using 80#'s.

OHP was tough also and I had to drop the weight after 2 sets. I was pissed off and was going to move on to another exercise, but I swallowed my pride/ego, dropped the weight and did 3 more sets for 5 total. Despite dropping the weight, this was still some good work also.(11/21mins).

Decline close grip bench was good.(8/29mins). I got good reps on DB bench and hammered some heavy cable crunches. More reps than I've done at this weight.(12/41mins). OH tri's felt real heavy. I supersetted them with cable fly's which felt great today.(8/49mins). Finished up w/ side raises for lateral delts and a bunch of sets of triceps rope pusdowns. The last set I kept dropping the weight and going close to failure.(7/56mins).

A bit of a disspointment from a target WO perspective, but still a lot of good work and hopefully can recover and get back to 80#'s soon. Had a real fun night last night at a dinner party w/ Sarah and friends and ended up beign up until 3am. It was a worthwhile tradeoff to spend a great night with Sarah and friends.

Nutrition:
I weighed 174.4 this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment