Friday, November 1, 2013

Fri 11/1 - Pull Day (Another Pullup PR!)

Workout: (Sprint Large Gym)
(35#Pullups)8,8,8,6

(155#SmBOR)4x10
(60#Curl)3x12
(20#RearDelt)3x12
(125#RevGripPull)4x10
(25#BackExt)3x20
(20#IncCurl)15,12,12
(40#RDeltFly)3x15
51 + 7 w/u +9 c/d = 67 mins

I really wasn't feeling motivated for today's WO and was considering doing pull/push on Sat/Sun, but I have the kids (Elena too) this weekend and decided it might not be a good idea to be gone Saturday morning for a long WO w/ Elena in case she woke up before I was done. Part of me just wanted to do a lighter pump WO, but I'm nearing the last 3rd of a hard training block so figured I'd better give it a good go.

Pullups were awesome! I warmed up with a few body weight pullups and was sailing above the bar. I certainly wasn't sailing with a 35# dumbbell between my legs, but I got another personal record w/ reps at this weight. The 3rd set was a struggle to get 8, and the last set I was dead by 6. Most I've gotten before though was 7 on the first set. Started each set pretty strict at 2.5min intervals.(11mins). I did bent over rows next in the smith rack and these were good. I tried to do them standing slightly more upright to hit upper back a bit more.(9/20mins).

Barbell curls were OK. Left elbow is pretty bad and curls really bother it. Combo'd these with dumbbell rear delt fly's.(9/29mins).  Reverse grip pulldowns were really good and my I could really feel these exercises in my back today. In fact, when cooling down I could feel a "pump" similar to how my chest gets after a good WO. I don't always get that in my back. I combo'd the pulldowns with weighted back extensions. I might pay for these later tonight.(13/42mins). Finished up with incline curls and rear delt fly's on the machine.(9/51mins).

For not even wanting to do this WO, it was GREAT! A pullup PR and lots of good back work. Very pleased. Some cardio tomorrow AM and then I hope to really have a great push WO on Sunday. Really reaching to hit some good WO's and PR's as this training block is winding down.

Nutrition:
I weighed 173.0 this morning. I was a little surprised. My weight hasn't really dropped off like weeks past. That's good, and the goal, but I am still having a very difficult time allowing myself to eat enough to put weight on. My first reaction when I see the scale go up is to start cutting again. Gotta
remember the plan and stick with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment