Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wed 10/9 - Pull Day

Workout: (Sprint Gym)
(25#Pullups)7,6,6
(60#BBCurl)12,10,10
(135#SmBOR)5x10
(80#Crunch)4x12
(112#RevGripPulldn)3x12
(40#HammerCurl)3x10
(60#RearDelt)3x10
(50#BBCurl)2x15
(KneeCrunch)2x35
42 mins + 8 w/u + 8 c/d = 58mins

My elbows have been starting to bother me a bit again (L more than R) and pull day puts more stress on them than pushing, so I was hoping this WO would go OK.  I decided to do weighted pullups today (first time doing these in a long time). Dumb move given my concern about elbows, right? Here's my reasoning. The weight would be heavier by doing pullups w/ a dumbbell held between my legs, but reps would be cut almost in half. So, I get a good stimulation, but less time under tension and "hopefully" less stress on the joints. We'll see. They felt really good. Hard. Supersetted w/ barbell curls. First set of curls was easy, they got hard quickly.(10mins).

Bent over row felt really good today so I did 5 sets and combo'd it with weighted cable crunches. Good work.(13/23mins). I had DB rows written in, but I decided to do reverse grip pulldowns instead. These felt great, real controlled and combo'd w/ hammer curls.(10/33mins). Finished off w/ rear delts, some lighter barbell curls and knee crunches.(9/42mins).

Really good work today. Very pleased w/ this WO. Lots of good back work and some good bi volume as well. One odd thing was I got a stitch/cramp in my left side at the end of BOR's. It was REALLY bad. I thought I was going to have to cut the WO short. I worked it out and glad it wasn't a tear/strain.

Nutrition:
I weighed 172.0 this morning. The water weight from the re-feed is probably about gone at this point. I'll give it another day then probably slowly bulk a little and try to gain strength back in my presses. Good nutrition day. Trying to dial in maintenance cals/macros.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 215 313 35  2,442
  Calories 858 1253 318  2,428
  Percent 35% 52% 13% `

No comments:

Post a Comment