Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wed 10/23 - Push Day

Workout: (Golds)
(75#DBInc)8,8,8,7,6
Good
(50#SteepInc)3x10 Great reps
(65#DBBench)9,8 Great reps here too
(125#DecCGBP)10,10,9 R shoulder pain
(35#CableFly)3x10
(190#Crunch)12,10,10
(70#OHTri)10,9,7 this got heavy REAL quick
(35#FDelt)3x10
(30#RopePushDn)4x12
(T-Twist)3x20
60 + 10 w/u + 11 c/d = 81mins

Incline was good today, but not as good as last WO. I tend to think that given the volume of recent WO's I just wasn't fully recovered. I'll keep working for 5x8 until that's comfortable before bumping weight.(14mins).  I increased the angle of the incline 2 notches again and did 3 more sets of incline. These felt great. Really good work.(8/22mins). Finished off this portion of chest work w/ 2 sets DB bench and the reps were real good. Really focussed on contracting pecs.(5/27). Great chest work. I do tend to feel better activation in my chest working in the higher rep range.

Decline CGBP was good again. It did bother my R shoulder, but not too bad. Thought I'd get 3x10 fairly easily and was going to bump up the weight. These got heavy quickly and weight was just fine.(7/34mins). I bumped the weight on chest cable fly's and still got reps. Combo'd these w/ cable crunches.(10/44mins).

Overhead tri extensions were good, but damn they got heavy fast. Fell to 7 reps by 3rd set. Ouch! Hit front delts w/ these.(8/52mins). Finished up with light rope triceps pushdowns and torture twists.(8/60mins).

Very good WO and I was pleased. I think volume is too high though. I probably should only be trying to do ~70 reps for chest (not the 100+ I'm doing) as long as they are quality reps.  After doing some reading and research, I think I really need to start focusing on the Overhead Press for upper chest stimulation. My upper chest is lagging, which is why I always hit incline first and hardest, but I've been doing this a while and it's not making significant improvements. could be genetics, but I think OHP will help.  what I may start doing is alternating my upper/push days by starting w/ OHP one day and inclne the next. 

Nutrition:
I weighed 172.0 this morning. A little heavier than I "thought" I'd be, but about where I "should" be I think. Bumped cals a bit again today. Should've reduced protein and increased fats/carbs. But, pretty good clean day.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 233 334 62  2,780
  Calories 934 1336 554  2,824
  Percent 33% 47% 20% `

No comments:

Post a Comment