Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tue 10/15 - Pull Day

Workout: (Sprint Small Gym)
(25#Pullups)7,6,6,7 Good
(105#SeatRow)4x12
(90#CableCurl)3x12
(135#RevGripPull)4x10
(35#HammerCurl)3x10
(20#RearDelt)3x12,10#x15DS
(20#LatDelt)2x12
40 + 8 w/u + 5 c/d = 53mins

I was on the fence about working out today. I really should've taken a day off, but I'm not sure what the weekend will be like with the kids, so I decided to go ahead and get this pull WO in today.  Once I decided to get it done, a work meeting came up at 1pm, so I didn't have a lot of time. I decided to go ahead and hit the small Sprint gym right in my building. I can get a good pull WO at this gym. Push day wouldn't work well given the equipment available.

Anyway, on to the WO. Weighted pullups were good. My 2nd set was pretty tough and didn't know if I'd get the sets through w/ 6 reps. Happy the last 2 sets were better and got 7 on the last set. I kept intervals here right at 2.5 mins.(10mins). I'd planned on BOR, but can't do them at this gym so I substituted seated rows using a wide-ish straight bar w/ overhand grip. These were good. I combo'd them with straight bar cable curls which were really good. Cable curls seem to keep tension on the bi throughout ROM really well.(11/21mins).

Next up were reverse grip pull downs. I do these leaning back at about a 45 degree angle. These were really good and controlled. Combo'd them w/ hammer curls. By the end of the 2nd set my forearms were on fire and cramping. Have to remember to stretch them this afternoon. Left elbow a little tender).(11/32mins).

I was running out of time at this point, but I did 3 sets of rear delts, plus 1 drop set right after the 3rd set, so 4 total. Then I did 2 quick sets of lateral delt raises.(8/40mins).

This was a really good WO. I didn't have time to hit abs, but hit the main movers I needed to and w/ sufficient volume. It's actually a good thing I didn't have more time, because I would've probably overdone it.  I've been working out a lot of days recently w/o a lot of days off, so I really need to keep volume in check when frequency is this high.
Tomorrow is scheduled to be a push day, but I've lifted 7 of the last 9 days. Might be wise to take a day off. I also need to get some run back into the mix. Haven't had a run in 1.5 weeks.

Nutrition:
I weighed 172.2 this morning. Good nutrition day.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 203 305 35  2,339
  Calories 813 1219 317  2,349
  Percent 35% 52% 14% `

No comments:

Post a Comment