Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sat 10/26 - Push Day (Great Inc)

Workout: (Golds)
(75#DBInc)8,8,8,8,9
V. good
(95#OHP)8,8,7,7 Great new starting point to work from
(135#DecCGBP)10,10,9 Great
(75#SkullCrusher)10,8,8
(190#Crunch)10,8
(40#RopePushDn)3x15
(KneeCrunch)25,20
(105#ChestFly)3x12
51 + 10 w/u + 5 c/d = 66 mins

Incline was great and back up today. I got a 9th rep on the last set, but my set interval times started bleeding a little past 2.5 mins, so I'll continue to try to get 5x8 on 2.5min intervals comfortably, then bump up. That's the goal anyway.(15mins). I did OHP today because my upper chest needs it and I've been neglecting any shoulder pressing. This was down from what I was doing, so definitely some work to do here. That said, reps were really good and no bouncing off the chest to get the weight up. I paused on the chest and pressed hard. Pleased with the effort.(10/25mins).

I bumped the weight on decline close grip bench and still got same reps as w/ lower weight last WO. Great work. Felt great.(7/32mins). Skull crushers were next and they were good.(7/39mins).  I was planning on just doing pushdowns here due to time and wanting to get on the road to PA. No one opened the gym on time this AM so we were waiting in the parking lot. I ended up doing rope pushdowns and some core work. Abs were on fire and still sore from the other day. (7/46mins). At the last minute I decided to do a couple sets of chest fly's because chest volume was on the low side today. These felt great!(5/51mins).

Really pleased with the main pressing movements and "heavy" triceps work. Elbows (especially L) are bad, but shoulders weren't bad today.  Other than that, feeling really good and strong and lean too!

Nutrition:
I weighed 174.0 this morning. That's a larger bump than I wanted, but mainly due to being up a lot earlier than normal and eating a significant amount of my cals/food later in the day yesterday. I'll try not to get out of control this weekend in PA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment