Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sun 9/29 - Push

Workout: (Golds)
(75#DBInc)3x7
(65#DBBench)3x8
(180#Crunch)3x10
(135#SmCGBP)3x12
(90#RDelt)15/+5,5,5
(70#SkullCrusher)2x10
(120#TriPushDn)12/+4,4,4
(90#CHestPress)2x10
40 + 7 w/u = 47mins

I was really sick Fri night and didn't feel well on Saturday. Felt a little better this morning, but didn't sleep well again last night. Decided to go ahead and get a WO in.

DB incline felt heavy and reps weren't as high as usual, but that wasn't unexpected. I've really been struggling getting my incline back to pre-cut weights/reps. Probably because I'm still trying to keep weight low while I figure out if I'm going to do another round of cutting or start gaining a little. So, the good news is I think I know why I'm struggling with this exercise, but it's still frustrating.(9mins). DB bench felt good and I combo'd it w/ weighted cable crunches.(10/19mins).

I did close grip bench in the smith machine and they were good. Bothered my R shoulder, but then most everything bothers my R shoulder.(7/26mins). I did a myo-rep set of rear delts for shoulder health (need this badly).(4/30mins). I wanted some more tri work and I love overhead tri extensions, but they tweak my shoulder and lower back, both of which were barking at me today, so I did straight bar skull crushers.(4/34mins). Did some more tri work with myo-rep tri pushdowns and then on a whim did 2 sets of chest press on a machine for a little more chest volume and to try out the machine. I liked it.(3/40mins).

Not a "great" WO, but considering I was sick the last couple of days, it was pretty good and glad I did it. I've got to remember that consistency is more important than anything and I don't have to kill myself every WO or set PR's every time either. Nor do I have to spend 1.5 hours in the gym to get a good WO.  A little perspective is good for me this morning.

Nutrition:
I weighed 174.6 this morning. Not sure how I "gained" 2.5#'s while being sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment