Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sun 9/15 - GBR Upper

Workout: Fitness First
(65#DBInc)12,12,10 Good
(80#IsoRow-Wide)3x12
(70#IsoRow-Close)3x10
(40#IncFly)3x10
(80#OHTri)10,8,65#x12,9 V. Good
(90#RDelt)3x11
(KneeCrunch)4x25 V. Good
(TriPushDn)15,13,11
(45#FDelt)3x10

Was planning on just a quick pump WO today, and I did keep things at the high rep range, but damn if this wasn't a good WO. Some really good work. Not overkill, but really good.

Incline felt really good. First set was on the easy side and I was thinking I should have started heavier. 2nd set was really good, 3rd set got heavy the last couple of reps. Really good work here even though lighter.(8mins). I did wide grip rows one arm at a time and then close grip w/ both arms. Really good rowing.(16/24mins).

Incline fly's were good.(7/31mins). I bumped up overhead tri extensions and this is the heaviest I've ever gone. Got good reps, but wanted to keep rep range up there so I dropped weight last 2 sets. Great tri work.(8/39mins). Rear delt's were good. Knee crunches were great today. Really felt them working lower abs, which need more work than upper so I'm going to try to focus on them for a couple of weeks.(10/49mins). Finished up w/ tri pushdowns and front delt work.(7/56mins).

Really good WO. I'm feeling like higher rep chest work is working better. I know I need heavy stuff for strength, but I feel 8-10 reps working better than 6 rep range. I'll switch it up more frequently for a while I think.

Nutrition:
I weighed 179.2 this morning. At 4-5 bowls of cereal last night right before bed. Don't know why, other than it tasted good. Weight showed it this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment