Friday, September 13, 2013

Fri 9/13 - GBR Upper

Workout: (Sprint Gym)
(75#DBInc)4x8
(185#BOR)2x7,155#2x12
(60#DBBench)2x10
(Pullups)2x10
(45#FDelt)2x10
(60#UprightRow)2x12
(75#OHTri)13,11
(Curl)40x8,35x8,40#BBx15
40 + 6 w/u + 10 c/d = 56mins

Incline was awesome! This is 5#'s lighter than I normally do, but this felt great. That extra rep or 2 per set makes such a difference. Whether or not it equates to more growth/strength might be a different story though. I did bent over rows in the smith rack. Started w/ 185 and it was good, but on the heavy side and I wanted more volume for rows so I dropped the weight for the last 2 sets.  This was a GREAT first combo. I've got to start doing BOR more often. (17mins).  This was a long first "set" and toward the end I was already starting to feel it. I worked out fasted today at Noon and I'm not used to that anymore.

DB Bench and pullups were good. 60's on bench weren't "easy" after really working incline. Happy to get sets of 10 on pullups after some good row work. (8/25mins). Really starting to feel gassed at this point. I was going to skip delt work, but went ahead and did front raises and upright rows. They were good and although the 45# plate felt heavy at first on front raises, I got the reps and increased reps on upright rows.(7/32mins).

My tri's were sore since last WO w/ lots of tri volume, so I didn't think I'd get many reps w/ 75#'s on overhead extensions. To my surprise, I got more reps than normal. I didn't think they'd be recovered and I'd already done some hard pressing so they weren't "fresh". Curls were a struggle, but felt good and switching to a light barbell for the last sent and doing high reps felt really good.(8/40mins).

Awesome WO! Not long, which was great, and got some really good work in. This was the first time I've worked out at the Sprint gym in quite a while. Walked around outside the gym to cool down. So gorgeous out today it made it hard to go back to work.

Nutrition:
I weighed 174.6 this morning. Feeling nice and lean, but not sucked out. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment