Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fri 8/2 - GBR Upper

Workout: Fitness First
(80#DBInc)7,7,7,8 Awesome, especially on a cut!
(125#T-bar)4x8
(95#OHP)3x8
(80#SeatRow)3x8
(Dips)2x15
(Pullups)2x7 Hard
(75#OHTriExt)11,8
(40#Curl)2x10
(180#Crunch)10,8,6 Tough
(KneeCrunch)3x15
48 mins + 12 w/u + 10 c/d = 70 mins total

My last WO was on Tues and I've been cutting fairly aggressively all week; about 1,000 cal daily deficit. Wasn't sure what to expect, but I was hoping that a couple days between workouts to recover would help. Apparently, it did.

Incline was great, and this matched my best from 1.5 weeks ago when I wasn't cutting. I really had to work to get that 8th rep up, but it felt good to get it (Note: probably shouldn't be getting so grindy on reps like that on a cut). T-bar was great and got more reps than last good WO.(17mins)

OHP was fairly good. Held last rep at top for a 25-count. Seated rows were good.(11/28mins). I decided to do dips instead of lighter incline or fly's and they were good today. Worked hard last 3-4 reps. Pullups were hard. Probably combination of cut and good back work already done.(7/35mins).

First set of OH tri extensions were good and hit the wall on the 2nd set. Curls were good. What I've been doing is doing as many reps w/ both arms at once w/ DB's until I need to switch to single arms (e.g. cheat a little) until I hit desired # of reps. Completed first set and switched to singles on 2nd set after 7 reps.(6/41mins). Finished up with some core work. Crunches let me know I haven't been hitting abs enough recently. Reps fell off too badly, but still good work.(7/48mins).

Very pleased w/ this WO, especially top-end strength (and endurance, but to lesser extent) given cutting fairly aggressively this week.

Nutrition:
I weighed 179.6 this morning. I dropped some weight quickly early in the week, but it's been slow since then. I've had to eat out for work obligations a couple times, but have kept it fairly clean. Diet won't be as clean over the weekend and then back to hard cut next week hoping to get close to
176#'s by Friday morning.



Prot Carb Fat Cal
TOTALS: Grams 239 198 46  2,176
  Calories 958 792 413  2,162
  Percent 44% 37% 19% `

No comments:

Post a Comment