Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sat 6/1 - GBR upper

Workout: Fitness First
(80#DBIncline)4x6 Good
(135#BBBench)2x11 V. Good

(90#SeatRow)4x7 Great
(55#IsoShoulder)4x10
(Pullups)6,6,6,11 Great
(Dips)15,15,12 Good
(45#Curl)3x8
(165#CableCrunch)15,7,6
(TortureTwist)16/+6,6,6
45 mins + 17 w/u + 8 c/d = 70 mins total

I decided to do DB incline today and focus on that as my main chest movement for a while. It felt good, but I was using 85#DB's before. Right after incline was done I did 2 sets of BB bench and it felt AWESOME! Really felt it in the chest. Seated rows felt really good today and 90#s didn't feel as heavy as normal. I was able to control the weight better and got more reps.(17mins)

Today I did iso shoulder press for higher reps instead of OHP. Felt a little awkward on the shoulders. Pullups were really good. The sets of 6 were explosive on the way up and controlled on the way down. Last set I just did as many as I could. Really good.(11/28mins)

Since I did a couple of sets of BB bench already, I did dips for for tri's instead of CGBP. I haven't done dips in a couple months and they felt really good. Curls were good. I did 2 sets of curls and then 1 set of hammer curls w/ higher reps.(10/38mins)

Finished off with some ab work. I did 1 set of cable crunch, then a myo-rep set of torture twists and then back to crunches. Abs fried after torture twists and barely got 7,6 reps on last 2 crunch sets.

Very good upper WO. Side note: legs are still trashed from lower WO on Thursday. Haven't been this sore in a while.

Nutrition:
I weighed 178.6 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment