Friday, June 7, 2013

Fri 6/7 - GBR Upper

Workout: Fitness First
(BBIncline)135#x10,155#4x6 Good

(90#SeatRow)4x7
(60#DBIncline)3x11 V. good
(Pullups)10,10,8 Good
(65#IsoShoulder)9,9,8,8
(T-bar)135#x6,6,90#x10,10
(Dips)13,12,11 Good
(45#Curl)2x8
(30#HCurl)2x10
48 mins + 12 w/u + 10 c/d = 70 mins total

Some guy was working out on the standalone incline bench and was taking 5 minute fucking breaks between sets and didn't want me working in so I did barbell incline today. Wasn't sure where I'd be at, so started at 135#. Too light. 155# was on the light side, but felt good and wasn't near failure and knew I'd still be doing some more good chest work so fine w/ this. Seated rows were good and controlled.(15mins)

DB incline was really good today and I got more reps than last WO (at least in part to not working very heavy first exercise). Pullups were really good. I was hoping to get 3x10, but not bad after already hitting heavy rows.(10/25mins)

Iso shoulder press was pretty good, but I should have gotten back to OHP today. T-bar felt really good w/ the mix of 2 heavy sets and 2 lighter sets.(12/37mins)

I was going to do CGBP, but dips felt good the other day so I did them again. Felt great again. Tri's were on fire. Curls were also good w/ 2 heavy sets and 2 lighter sets of hammer curls to finish them off.(11/48mins)

Overall a very good WO. I was a little pissed at the guy hogging the incline, but I've been meaning to get back to barbell work but elbows haven't been up to it. This forced me to do it today, and elbows were pretty good. Legs feeling surprisingly good again today. Maybe the advice I got about not hammering my legs every WO will prove to be much better in that I can hit them more frequently if they aren't so trashed after real heavy work all the time.

Nutrition:
I weighed 175.4 this morning. Going to eat above maintenance today, but try to keep it fairly clean w/ low fat. Just lots of boring food :)

No comments:

Post a Comment